To generate a solution for building for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), you need to pass a toolchain file to CMake. The file is located in the ez repository under Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake.
Using the CMake GUI
- Create a new solution for the UWP build by pointing Where to build the binaries to a new location.
- Press Configure once, a dialog will show up to choose the generator.
- Choose the desired Visual Studio generator at the top.
- Depending on your target device, choose the platform. For instance, for HoloLens 1 select Win32.
- At the bottom select Specify toolchain file for cross-compiling.
- On the next screen set the toolchain file PathToEzRepository/Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake
Using the command line
Run CMake with this argument: -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=PathToEzRepository/Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake