Building for Windows UWP
This page describes how to build EZ for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). For desktop builds, see this page.
Note that only a subset of EZ's functionality is officially maintained and supported on UWP. In general UWP support is not a priority for us.
Install the desktop Windows prerequisites.
Microsoft Visual Studio
In Visual Studio, install these additional workloads:
- Universal Windows Platform Development
CMake is used as the build system. For UWP you need to have a custom installation.
Generate the Solution
To generate a solution for UWP, you need to pass a toolchain file to CMake. The file is located in the EZ repository under Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake.
Using the CMake GUI
- Start the CMake GUI application.
- Create a new solution by pointing Where to build the binaries to a new location.
- Press Configure once, a dialog will show up to choose the generator.
- Choose the desired Visual Studio generator at the top.
- Depending on your target device, choose the platform. For instance, for HoloLens 1 select Win32.
- At the bottom select Specify toolchain file for cross-compiling.
- On the next screen set the toolchain file PathToEzRepository/Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake
Using the command line
Run CMake with this argument: -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=PathToEzRepository/Code/BuildSystem/CMake/toolchain-winstore.cmake
Building the Code
Open the generated solution with Visual Studio and build everything.