Release Notes August 2020 (20.8)
See the 20.8 milestone for all closed tickets and pull requests.
Highlights / Major new Features
- #259: The editor now uses a dashboard to open projects, and show which samples are available. It also contains links to all the available online resources.
- #264: Added feature to make editing certain component enum properties much easier. For example, surface interactions.
- #253: Improved user experience for exporting and running a scene. It's now one button, instead of two, and by default it will ensure all assets are transformed.
- #228: Fixed opening Visual Studio Code, when it was installed not to the user directory.
- #269: Changed asset buttons to not use right-click, but left-click for showing all the options.
- #220: A new release is now automatically detected and the user gets an information popup.
- #233: 'Create Prefab' is now possible even when having multiple objects selected. This restriction has been lifted a while ago, but was still imposed in this workflow.
- #232: 'Create Prefab' now centers the objects within the created prefab.
- #294: Added the ability to align certain visualizers (capsule, box, sphere, ...) at their edges, instead of their centers.
- #203: Fixed incorrect culling of objects after undoing a parenting operation.
- #262: Fixed that creating an asset from an asset button did not work anymore.
- #263: Fixed opening an asset document from the asset curator.
- #234: Fixed 'Convert to Editor Prefab' to work again.
- #217: Fixed that closing an inactive document would change the active document.
- #284, #279: Hashes for strings are now also computed using xxHash instead of MurmurHash, including the ones computed at compile-time.
- #261: ezTasks are now reference counted.
- #261: Added
ezArgSensitiveto be able to censor sensitive user data in certain scenarios.
- #261: Added
ezHashStreamWriterto compute a hash through for data serialized through a stream.
- #261: Improved quality and size of converted textures.
- #272: Added a rational data type.
- #235: The debug renderer can now be used to render textured triangles.
- #286: Added component to grab physical objects.
- #283, #280: Added many features to physics joints, fixed several issues and improved how they can be anchored. Also wrote lots of documentation.
- #295: Refactored the character controllers. Added support for teleporting and move the CC's origin to the capsule bottom.
- #182: Fixed that character controllers would stick to the ceiling when they touched it.
- #210: Fixed that the PVD would crash upon connection, if any joint was in a scene.
- #293: Particles are now always aligned with the surface that they are dropped onto.
- #293: Decals are now always aligned with the surface that they are dropped onto.
- #287: Add
VR / AR / XR
- #261: The ArchiveTool can now extract ezArchives that use a non-default file extension.
Third Party Integrations
- #288: Update Lua to version 5.4.0
- Many additions to the Sample Game Plugin to demonstrate various features.
- Various additions and fixes in the Testing Chambers sample, such as an improved character controller and lots of new things in the Physics scene to show the various joint types.
- The RTS Sample now uses the new Rml UI.
- #223: Added support for detecting Visual Studio 2019 properly.
- #266, #225: Made it possible to build the editor with LLVM/Clang (on Windows).
- #285: Various fixes for building for Android.